42 new food poisoning cases reported in Baling, Kedah

ALOR SETAR, Oct 9 (Bernama) -- A total of 42 new cases of food poisoning suspected to be due to contaminated 'laksa' purchased at a premises in Kupang, Baling have been recorded.

Health Director-General Datuk Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah in a statement said that this took the tally  to 61 cases with two deaths so far.

"The new cases were recorded in Kedah (14 cases), Perak (seven) and Selangor (21), where all were reported to have suffered similar symptoms. The findings showed that symptomatic patients had consumed the laksa sold at the premises in Kupang," he said.

He said 21 patients has been warded, while 38 others received outpatient treatment.

Dr Noor Hisham said the Kedah State Health Department had conducted a detailed examination of the premises that sold the laksa, and found that it had no relation to reports of contaminated Iceberg Lettuce gone viral on social media recently.

He said the Health Ministry was still awaiting the results of food samples sent to the lab, adding that stool samples of patients tested positive for 'Salmonella spp'.

-- BERNAMA

 






HealthEdge


EXCLUSIVE

TM assists to install smart digital health screening solution in schools

KUALA LUMPUR, June 23 -- Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM)  has partnered with the Education Ministry to install its smart digital health screening solution to help school administrators to quickly and accurately monitor students’ body temperatures.

read more ››

IN FOCUS

UMSC: Pain Management


In Focus : UMSC Raya Open House 2018

In Focus: UMSC Consultant Speaks Erectile Dysfunction Precursor For Heart Disease Part 2

In Focus: UMSC Consultant Speaks Erectile Dysfunction Precursor For Heart Disease Part 1

In Focus : UMSC - Fatty Liver, The Silent Epidemic Part 2